Thank you for your interest in Future Focus 20/20: Supporting Adult Learners. In response to recommendations to limit large gatherings, we have made the decision to postpone the in-person conference scheduled for May 18th and 19th. Instead, we are exploring a FREE virtual "taste-tester" and tentative dates for a Fall in-person conference. Please check back for updates.
Visit the Minnesota State website for more information about their response to COVID-19. We hope you are staying safe and healthy in these trying times, and we look forward to "seeing" you virtually in May!
Adults have different needs and expectations than “traditional” students who are enrolling right after high school.
Join us May 18-19, 2020 for the Adult Learner Institute.
Learn from experts and each other how to best serve adult learners. Explore proven methods to increase access, facilitate success, and remove barriers to your students achieving their goals!
Registration will reopen once we finalize the format of the institute. Registration will be FREE as we will no longer be providing meals. If you already registered and paid, your refund is on its way.
Planning Committee Members:
- Brenda Lyseng, Title III Grant Project Director
- Monica Ibarra, Title III Grant Coordinator
- Aria Kronebusch, Title III Grant Coordinator
- Marie Lindloff, Title III Graduate Assistant
- Kendrah Pearson, IHCC/DCTC Credit for Prior Learning Director
- Jan Austad, Associate Dean of Career Programs, IHCC
- Mary Beth Lakin, CPLAN Director, Metropolitan State University
- Jess Lee Niebuhr, Senior Manager for Strategic Partnerships and “All Learning Counts” Director, Minnesota State
- Shelly Auldrich, MN Reconnect Program Manager, Minnesota State
- Eva Scates-Winston, Career and Technical Education Equity Specialist, Minnesota State
We want to acknowledge the various partners that are making the Adult Learner Institute possible: