May 26 – 27
Save the date for this virtual institute! Registration will be opening soon.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS is open! Proposals are due Friday, April 16.
How do we acknowledge the changes that our learners are going through? What challenges and inequities do our students face? What was exacerbated by the pandemic? How did you shift? How do you look at your work differently? Which policies and practices did you put in place to meet the shift?
How do you innovate for when Shift Happens?
We are seeking sessions in these areas as they pertain to adult learners:
- Serving Students as they Shift
- Providing Non-Traditional Populations with Credit for Prior Learning and Adult-based programs
- Collaborating with External Partners: Workforce, Adult Basic Education, Community-based Organizations
- Teaching and Learning with the Adult Student
- Enveloping The Work in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Pivoting with Corrections and Reentry Programs
- Leaning into the Needs of Veterans
Learn from experts and each other how to best serve adult learners. Explore proven methods to increase access, facilitate success, and remove barriers to your students achieving their goals!
Another way to participate!
Hello Shift Happens participants! We are one year into Covid-19 and would like to know how you have filled your time.
We are asking participants to send us a 1-minute video and /or a screen shot of your COVID-19 home office space. We’ll run these during our virtual breaks.
Think of it like bumping into someone during a coffee break or getting to know your neighbor before a concurrent session begins. You know sharing the things we used to do before we were quarantined.
What are we looking for? Here are some ideas:
- Share something about how adult learners made it through quarantine.
- Brag about your work, your students, your school/college, your partnerships.
- Give us tips on living through a pandemic?
We hope you’ll participate. Send your photo/video to T3@inverhills.edu
Planning Committee Members:
- Brenda Lyseng, Title III Grant Project Director
- Monica Ibarra, Title III Grant Coordinator
- Aria Kronebusch, Title III Grant Coordinator
- Kendrah Pearson, IHCC/DCTC Credit for Prior Learning Director
- Jan Austad, Associate Dean of Career Programs, IHCC
- Mary Beth Lakin, CPLAN Director, Metropolitan State University
- Jess Niebuhr, Senior Manager for Strategic Partnerships and “All Learning Counts” Director, Minnesota State
- Shelly Auldrich, MN Reconnect Program Manager, Minnesota State
- Eva Scates-Winston, Career and Technical Education Equity Specialist, Minnesota State
- Gina Sobania, Director of Military, Veteran, and Adult Learner Services, Minnesota State
We want to acknowledge the various partners that are making the Adult Learner Institute possible: