At Dakota County Technical College and Inver Hills Community College we solve problems. We provide a wide range of training and educational solutions for businesses and organizations throughout the southeast metro. Ensure your success by investing in strategic learning opportunities with us.
New Employee Recruitment
How can DCTC and Inver Hills help me find workers?
- Through partnerships with area high schools, we can expose students to your industry and recruit them into a program of study relevant to your needs
- We can create awareness of your business through college classroom visits, job shadowing, employer tours, student employment, and internships
- We can partner with workforce centers and adult basic education providers to find and train un-employed and under-employed adults
- We can recruit and train adult students who are looking for higher-wage positions
How can you help me assess whether they would be qualified?
- We can provide short-term training and certifications to new employees to refine their readiness for your specific job needs
How can you help me build capacity within my workforce for a reasonable cost?
- We can set up apprenticeships, so students learn and work, increasing their value to your company as they secure their credentials
- We can collaborate to bring students to work at your business as part of their educational program
Can you help me upskill my current workers (e.g. adapt to new technologies)?
At DCTC and Inver Hills, we create trainings using the most recent technology, innovation, and industry best practices to:
- Help your current employees gain the skill sets and necessary licensure requirements for industry success
- Collaborate with your team to provide flexible career training solutions that fit your organization’s needs
- Deliver training solutions when and where it works best for your organization including on-site, online or at an on-campus location, DCTC or Inver Hills
- Engage employees in their own success and help decrease turnover
What can you do to provide pathways to advancement within my company (e.g., management)?
- We can offer a variety of management and leadership training courses that will prepare your employees to take on new challenges and responsibilities
Help! I have specific business personnel challenges, what can you do for me?
- We can connect you with staff and faculty with expertise in areas such as equity and inclusion in the workplace, hiring veterans, human resources, entrepreneurship, marketing and communications, and more. Tell us about your challenge!
The DCTC and Inver Hills Foundations partner with individuals and industry to create opportunities for named scholarships; in-kind do nations of equipment, tools, and supplies; and funding for emergency grants. These partnerships support students in the completion of their programs through gifts and grants. This support also introduces them to industry and community opportunities that help solve workforce needs. Both foundations operate as 501(c)(3) non-profit organizations that have volunteer Board of Directors consisting of alumni, faculty, industry partners, and community leaders.